WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.—Five exhibitors in the SustainAbility: design for a better world display at next month’s New York International Gift Fair have been recognized for achieving the highest level of sustainability in their products and manufacturing and business practices.
The five exhibitors are:
• DBA for the DBA 98 pen, which is 98 percent biodegradable
• The Green Glass Co. for V’reens, verine glasses made from reclaimed soda bottles and wooden wine-barrel slats
• Sea Stones for On The Rocks, drink chillers made from recyclable stone and wood
• Jonathan’s Spoons for Flame-Blackened Folding Salad Tongs, made from cherry wood and finished without toxic stains or finishes
• One by Reeves for the Makedo Kit, a connector system with connectors made of recyclable nylon and recycled paper
A seminar on socially responsible business practices titled “It’s Easy Being Green—Just Ask the Experts” will be held on Aug. 16, during the Gift Fair, from noon to 1:30 p.m.