GREENSBORO, N.C.–WithIt, the women’s leadership development network serving the home and furnishings industry, has announced the WOW Awards finalists for 2010.
Julie Phillips, vice president of The Phillips Collection, has earned the 2010 Legacy Award. This top honor recognizes the professional achievements of a woman who has made significant lifetime contributions to the home and furnishings industries.
In addition to naming the Legacy Award recipient, nominees for Education, Mentoring and Future Leader awards have been released. They are:
• Margaret Casey, director of programming, World Market Center-Las Vegas
• F. Jay Reardon, president, Hickory Chair
• Lauren West, director of education & development, Natuzzi Americas Inc.
• Gat Caperton, president and chief executive officer, Gat Creek
• Deborah Klein, DK Inside Designer Inc.
• Kathy Wall, president, The Media Matters Inc.
Future Leader Award
• Rene Crosby, senior account executive, Four Hands
• Kristin Hawkins, new product development stage gate manager, Broyhill Furniture Industries, a subsidiary of Furniture Brands International
• Vanessa Northrop, marketing director, City Furniture
• Kaci Prunty, retail market manager, Tempur-Pedic North America LLC
The recipient of each WOW Award will be announced Aug. 18 during an evening banquet being held during the WithIt Professional Conference, Aug. 17-19. In addition, the Legacy Award will be presented to Phillips. Both the WOW Awards dinner and WithIt annual education conference will be held at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel in Charlotte, N.C. For more information and to register for the conference and the WOW Awards banquet, visit withit.org.