HIGH POINT, N.C.–Women in the Home Industries Today (WithIt) is requesting nominations for its annual WOW Awards, to be presented during the Las Vegas Market on Jan. 18, 2015.
WithIt, a women’s leadership development network, invites retailers, manufacturers, suppliers and other industry professionals to nominate deserving individuals and businesses in the home and furnishings industry.
Since its 1997 inception, WithIt has annually given awards to recognize business leaders who have contributed to the success of the home and furnishings industries. Each distinguished honoree has at least five years of industry experience and has demonstrated significant impact on his/her company and/or the industry.
The five awards categories are:
• Legacy Award – For a woman of achievement who has made significant lifetime contributions to the home and furnishings industries.
• Mentoring Award – For an executive or organization that has fostered advocacy, development or promotion of women in the home and furnishings industries.
• Education Award – For an executive or company which has developed programs to educate associates, retailers or consumers about the home and furnishings industries.
• Leadership Award – For a professional woman over 40 years of age who demonstrates successful leadership in her company, WithIt and/or in the home and furnishings industries.
• Future Leader Award – For a woman under 40 who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and the potential to become a leader in the home and furnishings industries.
To make a nomination, WithIt asks participants to complete the nomination form at withit.org. Nominations are due Sept. 15. Nominees are not required to be members of WithIt.
Open to all market attendees, the awards celebration on Jan. 18. is sponsored by International Market Centers and will be held in the World Forum, Building B, Floor 16.