Author Archives: Allison Zisko

Allison Zisko

About Allison Zisko

Managing Editor/Tabletop Editor | azisko@hfnmag.com

Arteriors to Partner with Interior Designer Jeffers

Arteriors

DALLAS-Arteriors has signed a license partnership with San Francisco-based interior designer Jay Jeffers. The Jay Jeffers Capsule Collection for Arteriors will feature an assortment of accessories designed for home entertaining, including barware, trays and accent tables for drinks. It will be introduced in late 2015. “Jay is a distinguished interior designer with a unique flairMore »

Last updated: November 7, 2014

CorningWare Inventor Stanley Donald Stookey Dies

Stanley Donald Stookey

ROCHESTER, N.Y.-Stanley Donald Stookey, the inventor of CorningWare, passed away Nov. 4, according to published reports. He was 99. Stookey created a ceramic glass, that became known as CorningWare, in 1953 by accident, reports said. He overheated a piece of photosensitive glass in an oven; when he removed it from the oven with a pairMore »

Last updated: November 10, 2014

Gourmet Catalog & Buying Group Ranks Grow

Gourmet Catalog

DALLAS–Gourmet Catalog & Buying Group said it has welcomed 42 new store member locations this year. The new store members are located all across the country, from Alaska to North Carolina. “We are so grateful to welcome these 31 new store owners to the GC family,” said Janis Johnson, president and founder of Gourmet CatalogMore »

Last updated: November 4, 2014

Artisan Resource Adopts New Date Pattern

Artisan Resource

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.–Artisan Resource will adopt a new Sunday-Wednesday (February 1-4) date pattern this winter, and, as previously reported, will move to New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Artisan Resource, which runs concurrently with NY Now, offers U.S.-based volume importers, direct import retailers, wholesalers and designers the opportunity to meet with international artisanalMore »

Last updated: November 3, 2014

NY Now Prepares New York-Centric Events

NY Now

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.–The winter of NY Now will host three Only in New York events, including  a Night on Broadway, Gift for Life’s annual industry fundraiser, and discounted museum admission during Market Week. “NY Now capitalizes on its location to deliver unparalleled after-hours opportunities to market attendees,” said Randi Mohr, NY Now co-director and viceMore »

Last updated: October 31, 2014

Godinger to Open Forty One Madison Showroom

41Madison

NEW YORK–The Godinger Group has signed a long-term lease with New York permanent showroom building Forty One Madison, where it will occupy roughly 13,000 square feet on the 27th floor. About 70 percent of the showroom will be used by Godinger and the remaining 30 percent will be filled by Home Essentials. Forty One MadisonMore »

Last updated: October 30, 2014

Alessi, UPenn Students Collaborate on Design Project

Alessi

NEW YORK–Alessi is sponsoring an interdisciplinary workshop that will guide students at the University of Pennsylvania through every stage of the product design process this fall. The fall semester course will focus on the creation of a stand-up workstation, taking students from design brief to scaled prototyping. Students will present market analysis, design concepts, andMore »

Last updated: October 27, 2014

Blog: More New York Tabletop Show Discoveries

Spode Home

NEW YORK-The New York Tabletop Show ends today, wrapping up what several vendors said has been a satisfying show. Gibson outlined some of what it considers the key trends going forward: Au Naturel, a catch-all phrase for handcrafted pottery looks that display the hand of the artist; black and white; global blue (the key hueMore »

Last updated: October 24, 2014